Monday, January 3, 2011

January- Daily Diary- Family

What is it about the majority of my inlaws that grates and irritates me? Quite a bit actually.
I dislike being surrounded in a cacophony of unnecessary noise. You're having a conversation, you dont have to yell like a banchee. Your playing with the 2yr old, you dont have to be screaming at the top of your lungs.
Its just really not necessary. There is  a distinct drop in the sound level from sonic boom to normal loud talking and joking when certain people leave.

Yesterday was Sunday.
Sundays are Roast day.
We often dont go when we know certain people are going to be there as neither of us can handle that noise and "look at me look at me i'm awesome" routine. DH feels the need to lie to get out of it. I think its about time we just start telling it how it is.... is B going? yes? then we arent coming. I know everybody thinks we dont turn up because of me, and I dont like that so i'm about to stop taking the crap for dh. if he doesnt want to go he needs to stand up for himself and be honest.
Yesterdays roast was "special" for new years...why? who the hell knows... why lunch not dinner like it has been for more then the last 10 years? guarantee you its cause B had to work at 6pm!

Possibly I'm just sensitive at the moment because we have another failed cycle. But I dont think so. I've just really had enough of being treated like a 3rd class citizen.



Other then that nothing much has gone on.  Its time to make another Pender party cake, this time its a thomas the tank engine.
Should be an interesting few days :D as we are trying to be good with our diets. Cake off cuts are not so good dietry wise lol

No comments:

Post a Comment