Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lifestyle university wk 1

Even though my life is stressful, I have a variety of methods to manage stress, and I cannot think of a better time to start my diet.

I believe that I can lose weight successfully if I have the right tools and methods.  

I know that losing weight will not solve all of my life's problems. 

I have thought about losing weight for a long time and I believe that there will never be a better time. 

I am ready to commit effort each week to organising and planning what I will eat. 

Am I Willing
Maintain a food and exercise diary
Set goals and stick to them
Plan meals
Become aware of the fats, carbohydrates and calories of the foods you eat
Eat smaller portions if necessary
Cut back on high-fat or high-carbohydrate foods
Cut back on foods or drinks that are known to contribute to excess weight
Increase activity levels
Make losing weight a priority
  
Keeping a diary certainly keeps you honest – especially if you record your meal before you begin eating!
Other benefits of keeping a food and exercise diary:
  • It helps you see exactly what you eat and drink
  • Helps you identify the relationship between food and mood
  • Helps you identify the situations and events that prompt unconscious overeating
  • Prevents "calorie amnesia" – the forgetfulness about calories consumed that can prevent weight loss and lead to weight gain during maintenance. Recording calories puts you back on the right track
  • Promotes greater self-discipline
  • Motivates you to eat less and exercise more
  • Encourages accounting accuracy
  • Helps you cope with inevitable plateau periods. Allows you to verify calorie intake and exercise regularity, as well as keeping an eye on body measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment